I have had trouble sleeping for years now, as soon as menopause kicked in, any teenager sleeping skills I rocked were gone in an instant. I have never been one to get on the sleeping pill kick, they just made me feel like absolute crap. I tried Melatonin…same.
So when I was introduced to Zzz gummies my life changed.
But they are expensive and I am the make it yourself kind of girl. First I made cookies with cannabis infused butter. Delicious yes. But these…OMG. The taste of the infused butter makes the Caramel unbelievable. Why I waited so long is beyond me.
So today I am sharing the recipe with you!
Also the infused butter I use is just the leaf from the plants that most people throw out. I use one ounce of shake to one pound of butter. And simmer it on low for about three hours. Don’t burn it… I seriously had to throw a batch away trying to speed it up. Don’t. It takes time, and it’s worth the wait…
If you have any questions shoot me a message 🙂
- 9” x 13” pan
- Medium sized saucepan
- 1 cup Cannabis infused butter (or for a little bit less intense candy use 1/2 and 1/2 plain butter)
- 2 ¼ cups brown sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup corn syrup (I used dark)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What you do:
- Melt your butter on low heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and salt until combined.
- Stir in corn syrup.
- Add milk slowly while constantly stirring.
- Cook mixture over medium heat until candy begins to get firmer. (Usually 12 to 15 minutes, and keep stirring it, don’t get sidetracked.)
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour mixture into pan. Allow your candy to cool down.
- Cut, serve, and store. I keep mine in the fridge 🙂
Sleep well my pretties!!!!